Website speed matters! Yes, Google loves fast websites, Websites that are user-friendly, and gives a better experience to their user. WPEngine offers an average page load time of 337 ms. That’s are key things to boost page speed. Apart from this WPEngine also provides free SSL, CDN, daily website backups, real-time threat detection, and outstanding customer service.
However, WPEngine is not an affordable option. In my point of view, WPEngine is one of the most expensive WordPress hosting providers out there. If you are looking for budget-friendly WPEngine alternatives then, you are in the right palace.
In this article, I will go over the best affordable WPEngine alternatives that’s are providing similar WPEngine features.
What Is WPEngine?
WPEngine is a popular WordPress hosting service provider based in Austin, Texas, United States. It has been around for a while and has gained customers’ positive responses for its excellent uptime and high-quality hosting.
WPEngine offers a few premium security features like preventing DDoS attacks, They updated WordPress automatically to the latest version, also regularly do website security audits. Your security is pretty much granted.
In case you get hacked, They will fix it free for you!
|Impressive uptime||Very expensive|
|Daily backups||Doesn’t sell domains|
|Great customer expert support||Doesn’t provide email hosting|
As I said earlier, WPEngine is very expensive, you cloud buy a couple of hosting plans with their basic plans, Let’s take a look at WPEngine Pricing.
- Free: No free option available.
- Domain: No domains available
- Startup: $30.00/month, best for personal use (You’re getting $6 off your first month!)
- Professional: $75.00/month, good for eCommerce. (You’re getting $15 off your first month!)
- Enterprise: $600/month, best for enterprise (Custom option, all the advanced features included)
Why Do You Need a WPEngine Alternative?
If you have a good budget then WPEngine is simply best, or if you looking for email hosting, domains, and web hosting altogether then you can consider a similar hosting. Let’s take a look at why you need a WPEngine Alternative.
- Expensive: It is not beginner friendly, They are very expensive if compare to other similar options.
- Domains: It doesn’t sell domains. So you have to buy domains from other domain service providers. It’s could be a hassle. Most people love purchasing a domain and web hosting from the same company.
- Email: Email doesn’t include their hosting plans.
WPEngine is one of the finest WordPress hosting providers rated by top entrepreneurs, and big media like Cnet, PCmag, Wirecand utter, and Forbes, but WPEngine is not budget friendly though. Let’s check out the best WPEngine option according to your budget.
For a secure and reliable hosting service Bluehost is one of the best WPEngine alternatives. Bluehost has been around since 1996, and become one of the best and oldest hosting service providers.
Bluehost is beginner and budget friendly with wonderful uptime. So if you are looking for fast web hosting then Bluehost could be the best alternative to WPEngine.
According to Berkaweb 10 million websites by traffic, 1.2% use Bluehost, So you simply get the idea of its popularity. It also offers affordable pricing plans for their user. Take a look at its pricing.
Bluehost offers a variety of feature-riched plans for customers, including prices.
- Free: With shared hosting, new accounts get a free domain. Moreover, there is a free trial.
- Basic: $2.95/month (1 website host and 10GB SSD).
- Plus: $5.45/month (unlimited website hosting and 20GB SSD).
- Choice Plus: $5.45/month (unlimited website hosting and 40GB SSD).
- Pro: $13.95/month (unlimited website host and 100GB SSD).
To get a secure and fast uptime WordPress website hosting is crucial. A2Hosting is one of the best options for WPEngine. It offers pretty much similar features to WPEngine at a cheap price.
A2Hosting offers a branch of hosting package for WordPress. So no matter who you are, From beginner to professional, you will find the package that suits you.
A2Hosting hosting plans and pricing will let you choose the one you need.
- Free: Offers various free plans.
- Shared Hosting: $2.99/month.
- WordPress Hosting: $8.99/month.
- VPS Hosting: $34.99/month.
- Dedicated Hosting: $159.99/month.
Another perfect WPEngine alternative is SiteGround. SiteGround has been around since 2004. It is a Bulgarian web hosting company that promises excellent website loading speed at affordable prices. It’s not the cheapest, However, SiteGround is cheaper than WPEngine and offers similar features.
Apart from this, it offers in-house security solutions with the latest tech like cloud infrastructure and LiteSpeed web servers to give better performance and experience to its users.
SiteGround has a branch of package that will suit starters to professionals. Let’s take a look at its package and pricing plans.
SiteGroud offers different plans that customers can choose according to their needs.
- Free: SiteGround does not offer a free trial but a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- StartUp: $3.99/month (1 website host and 10GB SSD).
- GrowBig: $6.69/month (unlimited websites and 20GB SSD).
- GoGeek: $10.69/month (unlimited websites and 40GB SSD).
You probably didn’t hear about Ionos, I will keep Ionos as the best value hosting provider list. If you are looking for reliable, faster, domains, hosting, and SSL everything in one place, then Ionos could be the best choice.
It offers Linux- or Windows-based servers, eCommerce solutions, and excellent cloud hosting packages. If you compare Ionos to WPEngine, you will get pretty much everything at a very cheap cost.
Ionos plans and pricing will allow any user to meet their needs.
- Free: It offers 30 days free trial.
- Essential: $4/month (1 website and 10GB SSD).
- Business: $1/month, then $10/month (unlimited websites host and unlimited storage).
- Expert: $8/month (unlimited websites host and unlimited storage).
DreamHost is our next WPEngine alternative. DreamHost is a popular web hosting provider based in Los Angeles. It has been around since 1996 and has satisfied nearly 400,000 customers. DreamHost host nearly 1.5 million websites since they were founded.
It has one of the strong security features, an admirable domain-management tool, apart from this it offers Virtual Private Servers, Fully-Managed Dedicated Server Hosting, and Cloud Computing & Object Storage.
It’s come at a very cheap price with advanced security features. DreamHost could be the best value WPEngine alternative with the same features.
DreamHost offers several plans for customers and includes essential features.
- Free: It offers a 60 days free trial.
- SharedStarter: $2.95/month (1 website host, free domain).
- DreamPress: $16.95/month (1 wp website host, free domain, and 30GB SSD).
- VPS: $13.75/month (unlimited website host and 30GB SSD).
Related: Best GoDaddy alternatives in 2023
Choosing website hosting is not an easy task. You must have to look at the features your hosting company is providing. How is their customer service, and what options do they have? After that, you can decide whether they meet your requirements. However, I have shortlisted the best WPEngine alternatives after extensive research.
I hope this article will help you to find the best WPEngine options to grow your business. If you find this article helpful please share it with your community. Else if you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to let me know.
FAQs on WPEngine Alternatives