Businesses require online audience feedback, for which people depend on different survey tools. SurveyMonkey is one of the most popular tools out there. But you may be satisfied with a few SurveyMonkey alternatives because some of them are as effective as SurveyMonkey or even better than it.
Undoubtedly, the popularity of SurveyMonkey has always been there because it is an old survey tool and still maintains its popularity. Some top competitors have received almost the same appreciation from users. SurveyMonkey also has a few downsides that may keep many users away.
However, you probably still don’t know the best SurveyMonkey replacements. Through this article, I will tell you about the top 7 options that are ruling the market.
What Is SurveyMonkey?
Founded in 1999, SurveyMonkey is a SaaS tool to collect surveys and feedback online. It has more than 17 million users worldwide who can create various surveys, quizzes, and polls for the audience. Survey results are automatically stored in the system. It has around 51 templates from which you can choose anyone to build a survey.
Besides, there are 15 types of questions from which you can pick a choice. You will get a free basic plan if you use it, but you may go for a paid plan for advanced features. However, SurveyMonkey includes valuable features for a professional survey, but you must choose the appropriate plan for that.
SurveyMonkey is a very easy-to-use platform for any user that is reliable enough. You can even expect 24/7 customer support for any need. Still, this is not the only tool you can rely on; instead, there are others you can trust and praise.
SurveyMonkey cost and features
|Cost||Starts at 25 USD/mo|
|Free trial||7 days.|
|Specialty||Easy to create surveys.|
Why Do You Need A SurveyMonkey Alternative?
So why should you search for an alternative to SurveyMonkey? It has several notable answers. Some serious reasons encourage you to look for a replacement. Perhaps an alternative will give you a better experience.
- Poor design: SurveyMonkey Many people think its design is poor enough to create a survey. According to users, its design should be improved.
- The free plan has limitations: You can ask only 10 questions in its free version. Also, this survey will only allow 100 results. Therefore, this plan is not enough to do a robust survey.
- Limited themes: If you want to choose from many themes, then SurveyMonkey is not for you, as there are only 12 design themes. Any other competitor will probably offer you more themes than this.
- Usage may be challenging: It is convenient but quite challenging for the classroom. If teachers create a survey for students, it will not be understandable to most of the students.
7 SurveyMonkey Alternatives
You should spend some time learning about SurveyMonkey alternatives. I hope these options help you choose the best suits your needs. So stay informed without skipping any part.
Jotform is one of the top SurveyMonkey alternatives, and one thing it has in common with SurveyMonkey is that they are both easy to use. Jotform is an ideal option, especially for those who are not that familiar with the technology. Moreover, several attractive features of Jotform easily differentiate it from SurveyMonkey.
SurveyMonkey offers a few templates, while Jotform has an extensive template collection that meets any user’s needs. Also, if you are bored with just one payment system, you will probably like Jotform as it offers more than 35 payment methods. That is why people can easily use it from any part of the world.
Jotform cost and features
|Cost||Starts at 34 USD/mo.|
|Templates||More than 10,000.|
|Specialty||Best for sharing online survey forms.|
- Jotform offers high customization capabilities. It allows you to tailor your forms extensively to match your brand, including colors, fonts, and logos.
- Jotform has many advanced features such as conditional logic, payment integration, and the ability to enable respondents to upload files, making it versatile for a variety of needs.
- Jotform offers a free plan which includes a generous amount of responses and space for form builders on a budget.
- Jotform supports integration with a wide range of services, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and many CRM systems, allowing for easy data management and workflow automation.
- Some users find Jotform’s user interface less intuitive compared to SurveyMonkey, which could mean a steeper learning curve, especially for those not as tech-savvy.
- Although Jotform’s free tier is generous, it does come with limitations such as a cap on the number of forms you can create and the number of monthly submissions.
2. Google Forms
Google Forms is an excellent free alternative to SurveyMonkey. Although it has some feature limitations compared to paid tools, it is very easy to use and performs well for simple surveys. It is especially suitable for those conducting surveys for the first time, making it a great choice to start with.
SurveyMonkey offers advanced customization options, while Google Forms only provides basic customization. Google Forms is sufficient for personal use, but if you have business needs, you can opt for an upgraded plan, which is affordable compared to other platforms’ paid plans. Additionally, you can customize images, colors, and fonts in Google Forms.
Google Forms cost and features
|Free plan||No, but it’s free.|
|Specialty||Best for beginners uses for free.|
- Google Forms is completely free to use, making it an excellent choice for small businesses or individuals on a tight budget.
- Google Forms integrates seamlessly with other Google Workspace tools like Sheets, Docs, and Drive, making data management and collaboration much more straightforward.
- Google Forms has an intuitive interface that’s easy to navigate, allowing users to quickly create and deploy surveys without requiring advanced technical skills.
- Unlike many other survey tools, Google Forms does not put a limit on the number of surveys you can create or the responses you can collect.
- Compared to other tools, Google Forms offers limited options for customization. For instance, you can’t add your logo or change the form’s color scheme to match your branding.
- Google Forms lacks some of the advanced question types found in other survey tools, like Matrix/Rating Scale questions or logic branching.
QuestionPro has been one of the top alternatives to SurveyMonkey in recent years. It also offers a free plan similar to SurveyMonkey but offers some advanced functions. QuestionPro meets a wide range of user needs, surpassing SurveyMonkey’s alternatives. Moreover, this small template feature is undoubtedly frustrating if you are a SurveyMonkey user.
Nevertheless, this frustration can be overcome with QuestionPro, as it lets you use more than twice as many templates. QuestionPro is a relatively expensive option. So if you need a complete survey solution with many advanced features, you can switch to QuestionPro.
QuestionPro cost and features
|Free trial||10 days.|
|Specialty||Offers more features in the free version.|
- QuestionPro offers extensive customization options for creating tailored surveys. It includes features such as skip logic, piping, and question randomization, resulting in interactive and engaging surveys for respondents.
- QuestionPro has a wide range of question types, enabling specific and detailed feedback for diverse research needs.
- The platform provides powerful data analysis tools for valuable insights. Customizable reports, visualizations, and data export options are available. Advanced features like text analytics and sentiment analysis enhance data interpretation.
- While QuestionPro offers a free plan, its more advanced features and functionalities are available in paid plans. The pricing tiers may not be suitable for individuals or small businesses with limited budgets, especially if they require access to advanced features.
- QuestionPro’s interface may be less intuitive or user-friendly compared to other survey platforms. Navigating and finding specific options/settings may require familiarity, potentially impacting the user experience.
4. Zoho Survey
Zoho can be a suitable replacement for SurveyMonkey if you want to meet the desired features. Unlike SurveyMonkey, it offers more templates. You can easily do a survey within minutes. Generally, if you compare the two, SurveyMonkey’s features may seem overwhelming.
Comparing the features of the free package, Zoho Survey has a lot in store for you. Even Zoho Survey’s basic plan allows you to use most templates, whereas SurveyMonkey’s free plan allows you to use very few templates. Not that Zoho Survey has any limitations, but if you consider it against SurveyMonkey, it might be the right decision.
Zoho Survey cost and features
|Free trial||7 days.|
|Templates||More than 250.|
|Specialty||Great tool for collecting data.|
- Zoho Survey seamlessly integrates with other Zoho products like CRM and Campaigns. This integration enhances workflow and data management by leveraging collected survey data with other Zoho applications.
- Zoho Survey offers a user-friendly interface with an intuitive drag-and-drop editor for easy survey creation. Users can quickly design professional-looking questionnaires without requiring extensive technical knowledge.
- Zoho Survey enables team collaboration with simultaneous multi-user access, streamlining survey creation and review for market research, customer feedback, and employee surveys.
- Zoho Survey provides basic customization options for survey design, but users seeking highly tailored or advanced designs may find the options somewhat limited compared to other platforms.
- Zoho Survey’s pricing may not be ideal for budget-conscious users. Advanced features like branching and advanced reporting are limited to higher-priced plans, which may be a drawback for individuals or small businesses seeking extensive functionalities without a significant investment.
This SurveyMonkey alternative is Typeform, which is both simple and versatile. It is an excellent platform for competitive market research. Typeform has received a lot of user appreciation for its great look and intuitive interface. Do you remember the design of SurveyMonkey?
It seems poor enough to many, whereas Typeform offers the smartest one. This platform is considered an ideal tool to capture potential leads for the business. Also, Typeform offers comparatively more templates. However, both offer free plans, and their features are almost identical.
Typeform cost and features
|Templates||More than 200.|
|Specialty||Best for brand research and capturing leads.|
- Typeform offers visually appealing and interactive survey designs, providing an engaging user experience.
- It supports a wide range of question types, including multiple-choice, rating scales, and open-ended questions, allowing for versatile survey creation.
- Typeform integrates with various popular tools and platforms, such as Google Sheets and Mailchimp, enabling easy data management and automation.
- The platform provides robust analytics and reporting features, allowing users to gain valuable insights from survey responses and track key metrics effectively.
- Typeform’s pricing plans may be relatively higher compared to some other survey platforms, which can be a limitation for users on a tight budget.
- Creating complex surveys with advanced logic and branching may require some learning and familiarity with the platform, making it less intuitive for beginners.
If you want to create more engaging surveys, then SurveySparrow may be an ideal choice. Like SurveyMonkey, this tool offers a free plan with several limited features, but some features make a big difference. It is also a better tool than SurveyMonkey for collecting student feedback.
You know SurveyMonkey is only available for English users, but SurveySparrow is available in about 14 languages. So it is easy to access for worldwide users. Moreover, here you will be more satisfied with the customer service when needed because there are 5 ways of customer support.
SurveySparrow cost and features
|Cost||Start at 19 USD/mo.|
|Free trial||14 days.|
|Templates||More than 700.|
|Specialty||Highly flexible and scalable.|
- SurveySparrow offers conversational survey designs that mimic real conversations, resulting in higher respondent engagement and improved survey completion rates.
- It provides various distribution methods, including email, SMS, and web links, giving users flexibility in reaching their target audience.
- SurveySparrow allows users to create surveys with complex logic and branching, enabling personalized and dynamic survey experiences.
- The platform offers an intuitive and easy-to-use interface, making survey creation and management straightforward, even for users with minimal technical expertise.
- SurveySparrow’s integration options with other tools and platforms may be more limited compared to some other survey platforms, which could be a drawback for users who heavily rely on integrations for their workflows.
- While SurveySparrow provides essential reporting features, the depth and customization options of analytics and reporting may be relatively limited.
The last option I want to talk about is LimeSurvey. It has been on the market for less time than SurvetMonkey, but it is an essential replacement. Both meet business needs. However, LimeSurvey is considered a better tool for students and universities.
Moreover, being open source, it allows any type of survey. Like SurveyMonkey, it has free plans, and the paid plans are close in price. One of the unique features of LimeSurvey is that it supports more than 80 languages which is very convenient for users worldwide.
LimeSurvey cost and features
|Free trial||14 days.|
|Specialty||Support more language.|
- LimeSurvey is an open-source platform, offering extensive customization options and flexibility to tailor surveys according to specific needs.
- It supports a diverse set of question types, including multiple-choice, ranking, and matrix questions, providing versatility in survey design.
- LimeSurvey offers advanced features such as skip logic, quota management, and survey branching, allowing for complex and dynamic survey designs.
- LimeSurvey prioritizes data security and privacy, providing options for data encryption and strict access controls to ensure the confidentiality of survey responses.
- The complexity of LimeSurvey’s features and customization options may result in a steeper learning curve for users who are less familiar with the platform.
- Compared to some other survey platforms, LimeSurvey’s customer support options may be more limited, which could be a challenge for users requiring immediate assistance.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a SurveyMonkey Alternative
Deciding to move away from a familiar tool like SurveyMonkey can be daunting, but it can also open up new opportunities to improve your survey processes. When considering an alternative, here are the key factors to keep in mind:
Reliability and Stability
When it comes to surveying software, reliability, and stability are critical. A reliable tool ensures that your surveys will always be accessible to your respondents and that you’ll consistently be able to collect and analyze data.
A stable platform minimizes downtime, errors, or data loss incidents. Look for platforms with robust infrastructure, strong uptime guarantees, and positive user testimonials concerning their reliability.
Ease of Use
Another factor to consider is how easy the software is to use. It should be simple to create and distribute surveys and then to analyze the results. An intuitive user interface with a low learning curve will save your team valuable time and resources.
Also, consider if the platform offers readily available tutorials, guides, or customer support to help users familiarize themselves with the tool. Remember, the goal is to make data collection more efficient, not to spend excessive time learning new software.
Features and Capabilities
Depending on your needs, you may require more advanced features than what SurveyMonkey offers. The alternatives might provide features such as advanced question types, customization options, comprehensive reporting and analytics, integration with other software, and more.
Also, consider whether the software supports mobile surveys if reaching respondents on their smartphones is important for your research. The right tool will have a set of features that cater to your specific survey needs while providing room for your requirements to grow over time.
How to Choose the Right Survey Tool for Your Needs
Selecting the right survey tool isn’t a one-size-fits-all proposition. What might work best for one organization could be less effective for another. Here’s how to find the right fit for you:
Considerations Based on Business Size and Industry
Your business size and industry can significantly impact the choice of your survey tool. For instance, a small startup with a limited budget might prioritize free or low-cost alternatives with essential features.
Conversely, larger corporations or those in specific industries (like healthcare or education) may need advanced security features or integrations with existing enterprise tools.
Evaluating Specific Needs and Matching Them with the Right Tool
Start by clearly defining what you need from a survey tool. Do you need complex question logic? Are customization options important for your branding? Is ease of use a priority over advanced features? Would you like it to integrate with other software you’re already using? List out your requirements, then match these with the features of the prospective tools. This step will help you shorten your list of options to those that meet your needs.
Importance of Testing and Trialing Before Full Commitment
Before deciding on a tool, it’s crucial to use it first-hand. Most survey tools offer trial periods or free plans with limited features. These trials give you a firsthand experience of the tool – its ease of use, its capabilities, its interface, and more.
You can also gauge the responsiveness and quality of their customer service during this period. Using a tool before full commitment will ensure that you’re comfortable with its functionality and can verify if it meets all your needs.
SurveyMonkey has a lot of users worldwide who are always satisfied with it. This is not the only option you can rely on to conduct an effective survey. Top SurveyMonkey alternatives can give you a different and better experience. You already know about the best competitors.
SurveyMonkey is a platform convenient enough to meet business needs, but some of its features may go beyond your preferences, as already discussed above. So, opting for an alternative to avoid its pitfalls is a good idea. Hopefully, you now know which one is the right choice for you.