Crowdfunding has grown in popularity as a means of financing everything from individual projects to larger social movements and charitable organizations. There are other GoFundMe alternatives outside of the popular platform, each of which offers its own set of advantages.
We’ll go over the features, costs, and support resources of each platform, whether you’re searching for a platform that caters exclusively to charitable organizations or one that provides continuous assistance to creators. Crowdfunding campaign creators have a better shot at success and are more likely to raise the required funds if they use the correct platform.
This article compares and contrasts seven popular crowdfunding platforms, such as GoFundMe, to help you make an informed decision.
What Is GoFundMe?
The goal of GoFundMe, a crowdfunding website, is to help people raise money for personal, philanthropic, and societal purposes. Having launched in 2010, it has quickly risen to prominence and become one of the most widely used crowdfunding sites online. Last year, it accumulated about $25 billion for different non-profits and charities.
GoFundMe allows anyone to start a fundraising campaign and spread the word to their online communities at no cost. The platform’s sharing features and compatibility with other networks make it simple for people to rally others behind a cause.
A GoFundMe page might be set up for everything from medical bills and tuition to memorials and catastrophe aid. The platform is easy to use, transparent, and secure, and it protects both contributors and beneficiaries. In most cases, GoFundMe will charge a fee for using their service, and donations are subject to platform fees and payment processing fees. However, there are no fees associated with making a donation.
GoFundMe Pricings and Features
- 2.9% +$0.30 per donation
- Easy to create and share the donation page
- Very secure payment encryption method to keep donations safe
Why Do You Need a GoFundMe Alternative?
While GoFundMe is a popular and effective crowdfunding platform, there may be situations where individuals or organizations need to explore other alternatives to GoFundMe. Here are four valid reasons why someone might need a GoFundMe alternative:
- Fees: Some donors may be put off by the fact that GoFundMe takes a cut of every dollar they give. However, there could be transaction costs associated with accepting your payment. It may be necessary to go elsewhere if one is seeking a platform with a different pricing structure or one that charges fewer fees overall.
- Specific needs: While GoFundMe is adaptable enough to serve many purposes, there may be times when a more niche-specific platform is required. An artist seeking album funding, for instance, could favor a platform tailored to such endeavors.
- Geographical limitations: GoFundMe is accessible in a wide variety of nations, although its availability and features may be restricted in certain areas. Those living in areas where GoFundMe is not accessible may need to look elsewhere for a suitable crowdfunding site.
- Platform features: Although GoFundMe is a convenient platform with many tools, there may be times when a user needs a function that is not provided. For instance, if you’re interested in crowdfunding for shares rather than cash, you may want to check into other apps like GoFundMe that facilitate such campaigns.
The Best GoFundMe Alternatives
The following is a list of services that are strong alternatives to GoFundMe. If you’re looking for a site like GoFundMe, here are seven options to think about.
As a site similar to GoFundMe, Fundly is a great choice for charitable and humanitarian initiatives. The website is simple to navigate and packed with useful tools, such as personalized donation pages, group campaigns, and seamless social network sharing. In addition to these tools and features, Fundly provides users with significant support to ensure the success of their campaigns.
However, Fundly’s prices are sometimes higher than competing platforms, and some customers have complained about service issues. If you’re searching for a website that focuses solely on charitable and humanitarian efforts, Fundly is still a great option.
Fundly Pricings and Features
- 4.9% platform fee and $.30 per transaction
- Highly customizable donation page
- Great for Mobile-First Fundraising
Snowball is a flexible and user-friendly crowdfunding platform packed with useful features for charitable causes. It has everything you need to manage your donors and your fundraising efforts in one place, including a database and tools for doing so. Snowball also features seamless integration with popular social media platforms and the ability to text in a donation.
Snowball is a popular crowdfunding platform, but it has a steep learning curve and high transaction fees compared to its competitors. In general, Snowball is a solid choice for organizations that place a premium on flexibility and compatibility with their current fundraising infrastructure.
Snowball Pricings and Features
- The primarily free but the premium plan is at $549/year
- Easy-to-use interface for both donors and you.
- Great for Auctions and Events
Donorbox is an excellent fundraising platform for charities because of its flexible design and robust set of features. Features such as interfaces with common payment gateways, tools for managing donors, and recurring payments are all available on the platform.
Donorbox has top-notch safety and compliance options like SSL encryption and PCI compliance. It is a popular crowdfunding tool because Donorbox’s costs are great for some groups, especially those with a smaller budget. If you’re a non-profit searching for a safe and simple fundraising solution, Donorbox is a great option.
Donorbox Pricings and Features
- 1.5% per transaction
- Simple to use tools and donor management system
- Great for non-profit organizations
If you’re looking for a robust and adaptable crowdfunding platform, go no further than FundRazr. The platform allows for the creation of unique campaign pages, the incorporation of various social media outlets, and the use of a number of different payment methods, including mobile ones. Also, FundRazr offers a variety of tools and information to those who wish to launch campaigns.
FundRazr’s fees, on the other hand, can be greater than those of competing platforms, and a number of customers have complained about the quality of the platform’s customer assistance. FundRazr is a wonderful solution for people seeking a flexible platform with many capabilities, especially for social or environmental projects.
FundRazr Pricings and Features
- 5% fee per donation
- Options to create wish lists and perks
- Perfect for NGOs with wish lists
Indiegogo is a popular platform for crowdfunding that offers a wide range of features and ways to make campaigns unique. The platform provides a number of tools for campaign promotion and social media involvement in addition to adaptable fundraising choices and links with key payment processors.
Indiegogo also provides extensive resources for those who wish to launch campaigns, such as access to a community of consultants and specialists. However, some users have complained about the quality of Indiegogo’s customer service, and the platform’s fees can be greater than those of competing sites. In general, individuals searching for a platform with several tools and customer service channels can consider Indiegogo.
Indiegogo Pricings and Features
- charges a 5% platform fee
- Professional campaign page
- Great for product innovation funding
Classy is an online fundraising service with several useful options for charitable organizations. There are facilities for group fundraising and recurring payments, as well as donation pages that may be tailored to the user’s needs and connected to a variety of payment gateways. Classy provides various services to help campaign designers, including seminars and guidance from industry professionals.
For smaller groups, Classy’s fees may be greater than those of competing crowdfunding services. In addition, some customers have experienced issues with the platform’s data reporting and analysis features. If your non-profit is in search of a platform with robust personalization possibilities and support materials, Classy is a solid option to consider.
Classy Pricings and Features
- 2.2% + $0.30 per transaction
- Real-time tracking of fundraising progress
- Great for virtual events, ticketing, and event registration
Patreon is a website where people can pledge regular money to help fund creative projects by musicians, writers, and other individuals. In exchange for regular donations, the site’s creators can provide their patrons with a variety of incentive tiers. Creators can take advantage of Patreon’s many features and capabilities, such as analytics for monitoring patron activity, payment processor integration, and personalized creator pages.
However, several Patreon users have complained about the platform’s lack of responsiveness and transparency, and the platform’s costs can be higher than those of competing crowdfunding sites. Despite these issues, the overall consensus is that Patreon is a viable option for artists seeking consistent revenue from their creations.
Patreon Pricings and Features
- 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction over $3 plus has lite, pro, and premium plans
- Great fundraising platform for creative projects
- Option to have recurring funding by subscription
Finally, there are a wide variety of crowdfunding apps like GoFundMe available, each with its own set of advantages and capabilities. The best alternatives to GoFundMe offer a variety of features, including editable donation pages, integrations with popular payment processors, and social media integration. They can be used for a wide variety of fundraising goals, including those for nonprofits, social causes, personal campaigns, and ongoing support for creators.
However, the fees and available assistance resources of these platforms can vary widely depending on the scope and nature of the campaign. Creators of crowdfunding campaigns can improve their prospects for financial success by selecting an appropriate platform.
FAQs On GoFundMe Alternatives
Reference On GoFundMe Alternatives
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHcvk88Az60 (Tax Warning: GoFundMe donations can cost you a big tax bill)
4. https://www.trustradius.com/products/gofundme/competitors (Competitors and Alternatives)
5. https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-international-alternatives-to-GoFundMe (What are the international alternatives to GoFundMe?)
6. https://www.reddit.com/r/nonprofit/comments/huwaiu/gofundme_a_scam_whats_an_alternative/ (Gofundme a scam? What’s an alternative?)
7. https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-other-sites-like-GoFundMe-What-is-the-best-way-to-be-successful-funding-a-project-on-one-of-these-sites (What are some other sites like GoFundMe? What is the best way to be successful funding a project on one of these sites?)